1. There may be only one version of any canon character. No duplicates and no AU's.
2. To start with, you may have up to two professors or staff, and two students. After four weeks, you will be able to have as many characters as you can handle.
3. Original characters are welcome, whether fandom aligned or not. However, we will be screening original characters carefully, and we suggest you put your pup through a Mary Sue Litmus Test. Characters that are the relative or lover/spouse of a canon muse must be cleared by the canon muse and all other muses related to that muse. For example, let's say you want to play the unknown child of Scully and Mulder. Mulder is married to Catwoman. You must have all three players' permission, because it affects all of them. Also, the PB must not be overused and must be appropriate to the game.
4. If you have a canon muse, please try to use the canon and do your research. Wildly OOC pups will not be accepted.
5. You may not request more than three muses from the same canon.
6. You must clearly state whether or not you, the writer, are over the age of eighteen. You must allow us to put that information in the muse directory, and you must be honest. If you are found to be a legal minor, and we discover this, you will be banned. No exceptions. We will allow mature players who are minors, but they will not be allowed to post/RP anything over an "R" rating. No smut. No kidding.
1. There is an application post with an application form. You must follow the instructions.
2. Every application will be acknowledged within three days, and you will receive a response within seven days. This is our pledge to you.
3. The mods have the absolute final say regarding applications. We reserve the right to deny, reject, remove, ban and refuse any muse for any reason.
1. Professors must post on the assignment post by the last day of each month, and that post must have the assignments (writing prompts) for the next month. Each professor must give four (4) assignments for each month. There are guidelines for assignments on the assignment post. The mods will then take those assignments and make one assignment post for each month, and then archive old assignments. Mods will also be posting "extra credit" work.
2. Students must complete two assignments per month, from any class or professor. If you want to do more, you are free to do as many classes and assignments as you wish.
3. Each student, staff and professor will have a personal posting tag that they must use on every post that they do.
4. You must include the class, assignment number and professor name on each assingment you do, in the subject line.
For example: Elizabethan Literature/6.3/Logan
5. All homework is posted in the main community, and in your journal. You MUST have a memories post in your personal journal where you keep them. The memories must be titled "UV Class Assignments". That way, we don't have to hunt for them.
6. Professors are encouraged to comment on assignments for their classes, but it is not required.
7. Professors may do continuing education, taking classes as they wish.
8. Roleplaying posts are allowed, and happily. However, RP does not replace assignments.
STUDENT LIFE ON CAMPUS
1. Each professor, student and staff member must have a "voice mail" post that you send us the link for, and you have a link to on your character userpage. That way, others can reach you.
2. Students may live in dorms, sorority/fraternity houses or apartments. Staff may live in campus housing, or private residences. If you want roommates, then let us know who you want. You need to list the information about your living situation in your campus directory entry, and keep that up to date.
3. Here's the fun part. If you want to create a business, or a fraternity, or something like that, you can! Just email the mods and let them know. It will go in the directory.
1. You are required to conduct yourself with maturity and respect for all other players.
2. Flaming, godmodding, attacking, annoying and abusing other muses and muns will result in academic probation and possibly expulsion/termination. Don't do it.
3. Posts in pup or mun journals, ranting communities, or other forums that clearly identify other players or this game will result in banning.
4. Do not write LiKe ThIs. Use proper grammar, spelling, capitalization. No tiny print, no light colored text. Put some care into your writing.
5. The privacy of every player here is sacred. Outing another writer, tracking ISP's, and other methods of trying to expose other players who want privacy will result in banning.
6. ICA=ICC. OOC=/=IC. Learn proper behavior for communities. When in doubt, ask a mod. Keep OOC drama and fights out of here. Be nice.